Day Trip to Amethyst Minefrom
Embark on a Day Trip to Amethyst Mine in Lapland’s stunning Pyhä-Luosto region, dig for your own lucky gemstone and hear fascinating stories from locals!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Activity Style Tour TypeFamily, Summer Rovaniemi
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Tour Size Small Group
Dig your own lucky amethyst!
Nestled in the picturesque landscape of Lapland, the Lampivaara amethyst mine atop Lampivaara hill offers a unique opportunity for visitors to experience the wonders of gemstone mining. Located near the Luosto recreation center, the mine is just a 1.5-hour drive from the city of Rovaniemi.
During your visit, you’ll be guided by local professionals who will share fascinating tales and legends about the mine. You’ll also have the chance to dig for your very own lucky amethyst stone, which you can keep as a cherished memento. Your knowledgeable guide will be with you every step of the way.
The Lampivaara amethyst, which formed over 2 billion years ago deep in the ancient mountains, is now sustainably mined at the top of Lampivaara hill. Come join us for a memorable experience unlike any other.
Transfers & Prices
Transfers from/to accommodations are included within 10 km distance from our office. Pickups will start 30 minutes before the tour starts. Exact pickup time will be informed by email the day before. If you don´t receive this email, please contact us
- Child rates: children of 0-3 years are free of charge
- Children 4-13 are subject to child rates specified in the product information
- Youngsters aged 14+ are subject to adult prices
Good to know
Missed meeting time and point will result on missed safari which will not be refunded
Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded. Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted
- Please read our Terms & Conditions carefully before booking
Pickup and Drop-off at Accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Liquors, beers or bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.