Visit The Amethyst Mine From Levifrom
Visit the Amethyst Mine from Levi and unearth your very own lucky amethyst stone and experience the magic with incredible views of the local landscape!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Activity Style Tour TypeWinter Levi
Activity Level Leisurely
Tour Size Small Group
Dig your own lucky amethyst stone from the Amethyst Mine in Luosto and experience a magical destination with incredible views of the local landscape.
Travel to Lampivaara amethyst mine on a special snow train, a heated wagon pulled by a snow machine. The wagon, the Pendolino, will take you to the top of a small mountain, the Lampivaara fell, where you can enjoy the view of the area over the national park while sipping warm berry juice and listen to the facts and stories of this fascinating purple gem stone.
The mine is a national treasure and mining is all done in an environmentally friendly way without big machinery. During the tour you will hear about the geology and history of the area, in addition to the properties of the gems and the uses of amethyst. In many cultures there are different beliefs connected to the amethyst.
Dig your own gemstone of Lapland, a purple amethyst, and take it home as a memento of your adventure.
- Duration of the program is about 6 hours.
- Driving distance to the Amethyst Mine is 146km (2 hour drive).
Transfer service is included within 10km radius from Levi. Pickup time will be informed a day before the tour. If you do not receive your pickup time then please contact us at email@example.com
Good to know
Missed meeting time and point will result on missed safari which will not be refunded.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded. Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Please read our Terms & Conditions carefully before booking
Winter clothes (overall, boots and gloves)
- Entrance fees
- Warm berry juice
- Travel insurance
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.